New 50p coins to enter circulation for Platinum Wedding Anniversary

In just a few weeks’ time something remarkable happens.  Her Majesty the Queen and HRH Prince Philip celebrate 70 years of marriage – their Platinum Wedding Anniversary

You probably know someone who has celebrated their Golden Wedding Anniversary (50 years of marriage).  You may even know someone who has reached 60 years – their Diamond Wedding Anniversary.  But I’d be happy to place a small wager that you don’t know anyone who has managed 70 years of marriage.

Platinum-Wedding-IOM-50p-All-Amends-1

4 of the 8 Platinum Wedding 50p Coins

That’s because only around 30 couples in the whole of the UK ever reach that milestone each year.  Or to put it another way – the Queen and Prince Philip are literally one in a million.

And to mark the occasion, eight special commemorative 50p coins have been issued. It is the VERY FIRST time that British Isles specification 50p coins have been struck to mark a key royal wedding anniversary such as this.

Most importantly, these coins have been authorised by the Isle of Man Treasury, have full legal status AND a very limited number will enter circulation in the Isle of Man.

The UK’s most collectable coins…

The 50p coin has rapidly become the UK’s most collectable coin spurred on by the release of the Olympic 50p coins and, more recently, the incredible demand for the UK’s Beatrix Potter coins.

Platinum-Wedding-Anniversary-50p-Collection

The further 4 Platinum Wedding 50p Coins

And that’s why these issues are so important.

British Isles 50p coins like this rarely turn up in your change in the UK, making them some of the most sought-after circulating coins around.

As the first major Royal wedding anniversary to feature on any British Isles standard specification 50p coins, this is a very significant moment.

A moment that’s made even more important due to the incredible milestone 70 years of marriage represents.

Platinum-Wedding-Anniversary-50p-Coin

The first of the eight Platinum Wedding 50p coins can be yours for just £3.99.

How you can own the new coins…

Start collecting the new Platinum Wedding 50p coins, struck to superior Brilliant Uncirculated Collector Quality for your special introductory price of just £3.99.

Click here to secure yours now >>

This entry was posted in Coins, Information, New Issues, Royalty, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to New 50p coins to enter circulation for Platinum Wedding Anniversary

1. Donna hatch says:

I ordered two of the first coin in this collection as I am collecting this set and so is my mother will I automatically receive two sets in the following 3 instalments which is what I would like thankyou

2. Steve Glover says:

Also does this apply to the albums.
    Just to see if i am right with the calculations with 2 sets of each coin
    1 = x2 PAID
    2-3 + Albums x2 =£25.00 +p&p =£27.99
    4-5 x2 =£25.00 +p&p =£27.99
    6-7 x2 =£25.00 +p&p =£27.99
    8- x2 = FREE
    This is with 2 sets of each coins if this is possible for me, as I don’t want to miss out on getting 2 sets of the first coins and then only 1 thereafter

Steve

3. Steve Glover says:

Afternoon, I have the same question as Les. I have ordered 2 coins each month does this also apply for the forthcoming 7 coins (=16 coins in total).

Regards
    Steve

4. Les says:

When I get further coins sent to me, can they send me more than one each time?
    I see that your individual limit is 3 per household, I have ordered 3 of the first one, will I automatically get sent 3 of each coin?

• Robin Parkes says:

Hi Les, normally you just get sent one per month regardless of how many you order of the first coin. But I have spoken to our customer service team and they are going to make sure you get 3 each month. Hope OK, if not leave another comment or you can get in touch at enquiries@westminstercollection.com or on 0333 0032 777. Thanks! Robin.

• Les says:

So just to confirm there are eight coins in the set and I will get sent each coin three times sent to me each month?
        What will be the cost each month please.
        Regards Les

• Robin Parkes says:

Hi Les, yes there are 8 coins. You’ve got the 1st one on order already. The next delivery includes 2 coins plus an Album for £12.50. So for 3 sets that’s a total of £37.50 (+£2.99 p&p) per month for 3 months. The 8th coin in the series is sent free of charge with your final delivery. Bit complicated but hope that makes sense! Thanks, Robin

• Les says:

Thanks for that, that will be fine, I will get three albums yes?
        Regards Les

• Robin Parkes says:

Yes that’s right, hope you enjoy! Thanks, Robin

5. Michael Wright says:

✌️

6. brian johnson says:

can I buy in bulk, to include the one I have just purchased

• Robin Parkes says:

Hi Brian, if you give our Customer Service team a call on 0333 0032 777 they will be able to help you out with your enquiry. Thanks, Robin.