The 50p is the collector’s favourite coin and one that sparks a lot of questions.

So to help you out, Rachel and I have created a Q&A video that answers all YOUR top 50p questions.

From information about the Kew Gardens 50p and Olympic 50p series, to the rarest 50p, and understanding why certain 50p’s don’t enter circulation… it’s all in the video!

And don’t forget, you can find out all the latest coin news and information by clicking here >>

If you’re interested

In our next show we’ll answer the top £2 questions from collectors! Do you have a question? If so, post it below in the comments, and if we answer it in our £2 Q&A show you’ll win a mystery £2 coin to add to your collection… good luck!

62 Comments

1. Lewis Spink on March 9, 2020 at 10:59 am

Are the £2 coins more desirable and rare compared to other coins?

• Eamon MC grotty on March 9, 2020 at 12:30 pm

Thanks looking forward to seeing video. Iam going to the coin fair in Birmingham in April to see about selling my collection .as I have said I’m in poor health and want to get the best possible price.if left to my son he would just look at what I have spent and put a couple of thousands on top .and split between grand kids then take the coins to the bank . Thanks for your help will keep you posted thanks again Eamon

• wayne saunders on March 9, 2020 at 12:52 pm

how many £2 coins are there as im collecting them and putting them in my change checker album with my 50ps and i have lost some of the £2 inserts

2. Paul Geddes on March 8, 2020 at 10:23 pm

You forgot to mention that in 2019 there was a reissue of the Kew Gardens 50p coin as part of a set (I bought this set myself), meaning many more were available to collectors at that time. That being the case, quite aside from fake coins, how do you tell the difference between the original issue and the 2019 reissue?

• Geoff Warner on March 9, 2020 at 12:43 pm

The genuine coin is dated 2009, whereas the modern coin is dated 2019. The obverse portrait of the Queen is also different

• Eamon MC grotty on March 9, 2020 at 5:07 pm

The date

3. tony hartley on March 7, 2020 at 11:59 pm

Hi how do I find the full list of fifty pence coins it is a problem for me in a small way as I am part bisabled witch is just awkward to get to where I need to go in the right place right timeso if you could help me with this more problem I would much appreciate it thank you very much if it’s something I have to pay for it appreciate also if you let me know as to the price

4. Mark on March 6, 2020 at 1:32 pm

Which old £2 coins would be worth getting first

5. Steven Robinson on March 6, 2020 at 1:30 pm

Are any of the rare coins (commonwealth £2) ever destroyed if sent bank to the mint, or are they sorted out to go back into circulation?

6. Dave Heaton on March 6, 2020 at 11:17 am

I have 2 of the 2018 Newton 50p’s, is there any number for the amount minted, as they were only available to stamp your own coin from the mint tour from January to March 2018, there must be considerably less than the Kew Gardens 50p.
    I also have a kew gardens proof 50p as part of the 2009 set, is there a number for the proof versions of this coin?

7. Natalie Woods on March 6, 2020 at 10:27 am