Do you own a scarce Olympic 50p?

Olympic 50p

Which Olympic 50p coins are most scarce?

** UPDATED 4th MARCH – FIND OUT WHO’S NOW ON TOP **

29 million Olympic 50p coins have been released into circulation by the Royal Mint and, as already reported, as many as 75% have been removed from circulation.

But as collectors strive to build and that complete collection of all 29 50p coins, they are discovering that some sports are more elusive than others.

The launch of The Westminster Collection’s FREE online Olympic 50p Swap Centre has revealed which Olympic coins are top of the scarcity charts, with the most collectors listing them on their “Want List”.

So let’s find out – do you own of the scarce ones?

The most requested 50p coins…

1. Football
  2. Handball
  3. Wrestling
  4. Judo
  5. Cycling
Football 50p

The Football Olympic 50p Coin has been the most requested coin on collectors’ “Want Lists”

So whether you are in possession of one of the more sought after 50p coins and are able to swap it, or if you are still trying to find that elusive missing piece, try the FREE Olympic 50p Swap Centre.

Simply register online and list the coins you need before entering any swaps you have.  Click “search” and you will be able to view your SWAP MATCHES and make contact.  All totally for FREE.

About David Pool

Online Marketing Manager for The Westminster Collection
This entry was posted in Blog Home, Coins, Information, London 2012 Olympics and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Do you own a scarce Olympic 50p?

1. James Horton says:

I need triathlon and football
    I have modern pentathlon and basket ball
    along with a 2014 thistle
    Gibraltar skull pound
    Rodger banister 50p x2
    Charles Darwin £2
    Belfast £1
    Public libraries 50p x4
    ALL OF THE COINS ARE OPTIONS FOR SWAP

2. I got loads of 50p Olympic coins if anyone offering right price. John Crompton

3. Lynette says:

I have the high jump 50pence if anyone is interested in buying it

4. connor.b says:

I have all of these 50p coins: Aquatics, wrestling, triathlon, tennis, sailing, modern pentathlon, judo, gymnastics, goal ball, fencing, archery, athletics, badminton, basketball, boxing, canoeing, cycling
    I would like to know the value of them

connor

5. Rocky Jalota says:

I have £130 worth of olympic 50p coins!! I am open to offers……

6. Ian says:

Has any body collecting these 50p coins individually bought the complete collection series in a presentation case, if so how much is that worth now? I know it was a limited edtion.

7. Lee Ackerman says:

Bradley if your still interested I have the judo 50 p if you want to
    buy it

8. Saul says:

I Heard Kew Gardens Ones Are Rare, Can Anyone Confirm And If So, What’s Its Value?

• robinparkes says:

Hi Saul, they are the rarest 50p in circulation – just 210,000 were struck for use in change. There was some speculation on prices stoked by press interest earlier in the year but the value has settled down now – you can expect to get between £20-£30 on eBay for a good condition coin. Which isn’t a bad return for 50p! Thanks, Robin

• Rocky Jalota says:

I also have a kew garden 50p if Anyone’s interested?!?

9. Anthony says:

I have a Handball Coin, what is it worth please?

10. george says:

i have the judo coin.. would it be worth anything ?