The Westminster Collection has supported The Royal British Legion for many years raising over £700,000 for the charity to date. It is the exclusive retailer of the annual Poppy coin. Now you have the exciting opportunity to WIN the Masterpiece Silver 5oz 2017 Poppy Coin.
Simply answer the following question about The Masterpiece Silver 5oz 2017 Poppy Coin to be in with a chance of owning this magnificence piece of numismatic craftsmanship.
Competition entries received after 2nd December will not be accepted. The winner will be notified no later than 9th December. See Terms and Conditions for details.
Question: By how many millimetres is the Poppy raised above the surface of the coin? (Clue – read about the coin below!)
The Masterpiece Silver 5oz Poppy Coin
Last year an important milestone was reached; over £500,000 was raised, through sales of Poppy coins, for The Royal British Legion. To mark this incredible milestone, 450 very special Masterpiece Poppy were released.
This year we have reached an incredible £700,000 raised in support of The Royal British Legion and are marking this new milestone with a new Masterpiece Poppy which is even more limited than last year’s issue.
With a strict edition limit of just 250 pieces the 2017 Masterpiece Coin almost twice as limited as the 2016 Masterpiece issue and today you could become one of just a handful of collectors to own one of these very special Poppy Coins.
The coin is called the “Masterpiece Poppy Coin”. But let me explain why it is worthy of this title.
Not only has this year’s issue been struck to an incredibly high relief, it has also been painstakingly finished with glossy colour enamel to beautifully recreate the stylised poppy that is synonymous with The Royal British Legion.
Ultra-high relief and hand-finished enamel
As I have mentioned the coin features a single Royal British Legion Poppy struck on a 5oz Silver Proof Coin. But it has been struck with massive pressure and incredible skill 5 times to create an ultra-high relief.
The Poppy literally comes out of the coin, raised a full 1.6mm above the surface of the coin.
Remember this is NOT a cast piece. It is a fully struck proof coin, which means it has all of the detail, mirroring and frosting that you expect from a commemorative proof coin but with the ultra-high relief of a casting.
Enamel is a stunning addition to this coin, and is particularly suited to depict the stunning poppy that adorns the reverse. The colour enamel has been applied expertly by hand to enhance and highlight the superb details of the poppy and the central black button.
From Egyptian jewellery right through the ages enamel finishing has been the hallmark of quality and in this case defines perfectly the essence of the Masterpiece.
Presentation that befits your masterpiece
And, as befits such a masterpiece, its presentation matches the coin’s impressiveness.
The luxurious wooden display case allows you to display your Masterpiece Poppy Coin to the best advantage, with its glass lid protecting the coin. Inside the box is space for the numbered Certificate of Authenticity, as well as the accompanying booklet that tells the story of the Masterpiece Poppy Coin from concept to final coin.
Just 250 2017 Masterpiece Silver 5oz Poppy Coins will ever be struck and just by answering a simple question you could be the winner of number 1.
Country of Issue: Jersey
Denomination: Ten Pound
Metal: 999/1000 Silver with red enamel poppy
Obverse: Ian Rank-Broadley FRBS
Edition Limit: 250
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Competition details form part of these terms and conditions.
- Entry is open to residents of the UK except employees (and their families) of 288 Group Ltd and The Royal British Legion and any other companies associated with the competition.
- The entrant(s) must be aged 18 or over. Proof of identity and age may be required.
- Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
- All entries must be submitted online using the form above
- Entries that are incomplete, illegible, or indecipherable will not be valid and deemed void.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
- Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed due to computer error in transit.
- The prize is as stated, are not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
- The promoters reserve the right to amend or alter the terms of competitions at any time and reject entries from entrants not entering into the spirit of the competition.
- The winner(s) agree(s) to the use of their name, photograph and disclosure of county of residence and will co-operate with any other reasonable requests by 288 Group Ltd or The Royal British Legion relating to any post-winning publicity.
- Unless stated otherwise the winner(s) will be drawn at random from all correct entries received on or before 1st December.
- Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner(s). If the winner(s) cannot be contacted, or are unable to comply with these terms and conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant drawn at random.
- Confirmation of the prize will be made in writing via email to the winner by 8th December.
- Failure to respond and/or provide an address for delivery, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the prize.
- Unsuccessful entries will be emailed to be notified that they were not successful in the competition but if they would like to support The Royal British Legion then they can shop the Poppy range here, after that email, they will not hear from The Westminster Collection again unless they do purchase a product.
- Competitions may be modified or withdrawn at any time.
- The provider of the prize is specified within the promotional material.
- In the event of a discrepancy between these standard terms and conditions and the details in the promotional material (or any other terms and conditions provided/referred to at the time of entry), the details of the promotional material (and any other terms and conditions provided/referred to at the time of entry) shall prevail.