WIN! The Masterpiece Silver 5oz 2016 Poppy Coin
** Sorry – The competition is now closed. **
The Westminster Collection has supported The Royal British Legion for many years raising over £500,000 for the charity to date. It is the exclusive retailer of the annual Poppy coin. Now you have the exciting opportunity to win the first edition of The Masterpiece Silver 5oz 2016 Poppy Coin complete with Certificate of Authenticity hand-signed by the Legion’s Director General Charles Byrne.
Simply answer the following question about The Masterpiece Silver 5oz 2016 Poppy Coin to be in with a chance of owning this magnificence piece of numismatic craftsmanship.
Competition entries received after 2nd December will not be accepted. The winner will be notified no later than 9th December. See Terms and Conditions for details.
Question: How many times has the Masterpiece Silver 5oz 2016 Poppy Coin been struck to create the ultra-high relief finish? (Clue – read about the coin below!)
Sorry – The competition is now closed.
The Masterpiece Poppy Coin
To mark the £500,000 milestone, 450 very special Poppy Coins have been authorised.
The Masterpiece coin features a single Royal British Legion Poppy struck on a 5oz Fine Silver Proof Coin. But it has been struck with massive pressure and incredible skill 5 times to create an ultra-high relief.
The Poppy literally comes out of the coin, raised a full 1.6mm above the surface of the coin.
This is NOT a cast piece. It is a fully struck proof coin, which means it has all of the detail, mirroring and frosting that you expect from a commemorative proof coin but with the ultra-high relief of a casting.
To complete the Masterpiece Coin, the Poppy has been expertly finished in poppy red with the black central button, exactly replicating the Poppy you and I wear with pride each year.
Presentation that befits your Masterpiece
And, as befits such a masterpiece, its presentation matches the coin’s impressiveness.
The luxurious wooden display case allows you to display your Masterpiece Poppy Coin to the best advantage, with its glass lid protecting the coin. Inside the box is space for your numbered Certificate of Authenticity hand-signed by Director General Charles Byrne, as well as the accompanying booklet that tells the story of the Masterpiece Poppy Coin from concept to final coin.
Just 450 2016 Masterpiece Silver 5oz Poppy Coins will ever be struck and just by answering a simple question you could be the winner of number 1.
Country of Issue: Jersey
Obverse: Ian Rank-Broadley FRBS
Metal: 999/1000 Silver
£49.50 from the sale of this product will be paid to The Royal British Legion Trading Limited (no. 4783730 registered in England and Wales) which gives its taxable profits to The Royal British Legion (Charity no. 219279).
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Competition details form part of these terms and conditions.
- Entry is open to residents of the UK except employees (and their families) of 288 Group Ltd and The Royal British Legion and any other companies associated with the competition.
- The entrant(s) must be aged 18 or over. Proof of identity and age may be required.
- Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
- All entries must be submitted online using the form above
- Entries that are incomplete, illegible, or indecipherable will not be valid and deemed void.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
- Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed due to computer error in transit.
- The prize is as stated, are not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
- The promoters reserve the right to amend or alter the terms of competitions at any time and reject entries from entrants not entering into the spirit of the competition.
- The winner(s) agree(s) to the use of their name, photograph and disclosure of county of residence and will co-operate with any other reasonable requests by 288 Group Ltd or The Royal British Legion relating to any post-winning publicity.
- Unless stated otherwise the winner(s) will be drawn at random from all correct entries received on or before 2nd December.
- Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner(s). If the winner(s) cannot be contacted, or are unable to comply with these terms and conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant drawn at random.
- Confirmation of the prize will be made in writing via email to the winner by 9th December.
- Failure to respond and/or provide an address for delivery, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the prize.
- Unsuccessful entries will be emailed to be notified that they were not successful in the competition but if they would like to support The Royal British Legion then they can shop the Poppy range here, after that email, they will not hear from The Westminster Collection again unless they do purchase a product.
- Competitions may be modified or withdrawn at any time.
- The provider of the prize is specified within the promotional material.
- In the event of a discrepancy between these standard terms and conditions and the details in the promotional material (or any other terms and conditions provided/referred to at the time of entry), the details of the promotional material (and any other terms and conditions provided/referred to at the time of entry) shall prevail.