The Westminster Collection has supported The Royal British Legion for many years, raising over an incredible £1,000,000 for the charity to date. It is the exclusive retailer of the annual Remembrance Poppy coins.
And today, you have the exciting opportunity to WIN the centrepiece of the range – The 2019 Masterpiece Mother of Pearl Silver 5oz Poppy Coin.
To be in with a chance of winning this exquisite coin all you have to do is answer the following question and submit your details in the form below.
Question: What is the correct name of ‘Mother of Pearl’? (Clue – read about the coin below!)
*** The competition has now closed. The winner will be notified no later than 6th December. Please see the terms & conditions for full details. ***
Read on to find out why this coin is worthy of it’s ‘Masterpiece’ title…
The 2019 Masterpiece Silver 5oz Coin
A single stylised Royal British Legion poppy, created from Mother of Pearl, proudly sits on top of this coin, and multiple poppies have been engraved into the surface of the coin, resulting in an exceptional 3 dimensional effect.
This year’s Masterpiece coin has been struck to a flawless Proof finish. Proof coins have the highest grade of finish found on coins. They’re produced using a specially prepared die and struck several times to ensure enhanced definition.
Incredibly, this is NOT a cast piece. It is a fully struck proof coin, which means it has all of the detail, mirroring and frosting that you expect from a commemorative proof coin but with the relief of a casting.
What makes this coin stand out from most, is the Poppy that adorns the Masterpiece Coin is made from Mother of Pearl, or Nacre to give its proper name. Mother of Pearl makes up the outer coating of pearls and is strong, resilient and iridescent.
The Mother of Pearl on the Masterpiece Poppy coin has been expertly coloured to create a stunning shimmery red finish – a finish that requires immense craftsmanship. It really is one of the finest and most stunning pieces of minting ever to be seen.
And, as befits such a masterpiece, its presentation matches the coin’s impressiveness.
The luxurious wooden display case allows you to display your Masterpiece Poppy Coin to the best advantage, with its glass lid protecting the coin. Inside the box is space for the numbered Certificate of Authenticity, as well as the accompanying booklet that tells the story of the Masterpiece Poppy Coin from concept to final coin.
Just 300 of the 2019 Masterpiece Silver 5oz Poppy Coins will ever be struck and just by answering a simple question you could be the winner of number 1.
If you’d like to find out more about the brand new 2019 Remembrance Poppy Coins that have been issued in partnership with The Royal British Legion – take a look at the video below. Or you can view the complete range by clicking here >>
COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Competition details form part of these terms and conditions.
- Entry is open to residents of the UK except employees (and their families) of 288 Group Ltd and The Royal British Legion and any other companies associated with the competition.
- The entrant(s) must be aged 18 or over. Proof of identity and age may be required.
- Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
- All entries must be submitted online using the form above
- Entries that are incomplete, illegible, or indecipherable will not be valid and deemed void.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
- Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed due to computer error in transit.
- The prize is as stated, are not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
- The promoters reserve the right to amend or alter the terms of competitions at any time and reject entries from entrants not entering into the spirit of the competition.
- The winner agrees to the use of their name, photograph and disclosure of county of residence and will co-operate with any other reasonable requests by 288 Group Ltd or The Royal British Legion relating to any post-winning publicity.
- Unless stated otherwise the winner will be drawn at random from all correct entries received on or before 2nd December.
- Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner(s). If the winner(s) cannot be contacted, or are unable to comply with these terms and conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant drawn at random.
- Confirmation of the prize will be made in writing via email to the winner by 6th December 2019.
- Failure to respond and/or provide an address for delivery, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the prize.
- Unsuccessful entries will be emailed to be notified that they were not successful in the competition but if they would like to support The Royal British Legion then they can shop the Poppy range here, after that email, they will not hear from The Westminster Collection again unless they do purchase a product.
- Competitions may be modified or withdrawn at any time.
- The provider of the prize is specified within the promotional material.
- In the event of a discrepancy between these standard terms and conditions and the details in the promotional material (or any other terms and conditions provided/referred to at the time of entry), the details of the promotional material (and any other terms and conditions provided/referred to at the time of entry) shall prevail.