The 50p is the collector’s favourite coin and one that sparks a lot of questions.

So to help you out, Rachel and I have created a Q&A video that answers all YOUR top 50p questions.

From information about the Kew Gardens 50p and Olympic 50p series, to the rarest 50p, and understanding why certain 50p’s don’t enter circulation… it’s all in the video!

And don’t forget, you can find out all the latest coin news and information by clicking here >>

If you’re interested

In our next show we’ll answer the top £2 questions from collectors! Do you have a question? If so, post it below in the comments, and if we answer it in our £2 Q&A show you’ll win a mystery £2 coin to add to your collection… good luck!

62 Comments

1. R J S Hercock on March 6, 2020 at 9:56 am

I have recently bought the leaving the European leaving coin.
    Do you think joining the European joining coin will be released again.

2. Richard Ball on March 5, 2020 at 2:04 pm

Just finished watching your very interesting 50p Q & A video and in response to your question as to what 50p’s I would like to see issued this year, top of my list – without a doubt – is to see one or more of Rupert Bear (and his chums). And the reason why, is that he will be celebrating being 100 years old this year (he was ‘born’ on 8 November 1920) which makes him the oldest (and still active) children’s ‘cartoon’ character in the world – far outliving Peter Rabbit, Paddington Bear, Wallace & Grommet etc!!
    I am aware that the Isle of Man mint have already got plans to issue five 50p coins in honour of this centenary event, but let’s have the Royal Mint producing one or more in recognition of this most iconic of bears!!

3. Paul Underwood on March 5, 2020 at 1:52 pm

How do I easily identify NI commenweath games £2 coin

4. eric hodson on March 5, 2020 at 1:50 pm

hi I think O is my favourite 50p VE coin because iconic spitfire and st pauls iconic landmark

5. eric hodson on March 5, 2020 at 1:28 pm

hi will the 5 coins celebrating 100 years of the RAF ever enter circulation regards eric hodson

6. Roger Mann on March 5, 2020 at 12:35 pm

Can you tell me when the third coin in the Captain Cook series will be released please, with thanks Roger

7. Terence Harding on March 5, 2020 at 12:12 pm

When will the new 2pound coins for 2020 be released other than in the coinset

8. Peter Gale on March 5, 2020 at 11:56 am

I have a Isle of Man 50p in my collection it’s got a Viking long boat on it, is it rare & could you tell me something about it??

9. John Gauci on March 5, 2020 at 9:46 am

Hi

Is it true that there was a rare minting error on £2 coin made to mark the abolition of the slave trade? I do have one of these and can see its not quite perfect, and was wondering how collectible they actually are?

Regards
    John

10. Neil Barrett on March 5, 2020 at 9:37 am

I’ve been putting aside unusual £2 for years – my oldest is a 1999 Rugby World Cup. How likely am I to see a 1986 £2 coin still in circulation?